–> CLICK HERE TO WATCH <–
Fresh Basil Leaves
- Wash and dry basil leaves and remove the big stems
*I used a 2.5 oz package of fresh basil
- Put basil leaves into food processor or blender
- Add 3-4 garlic cloves, about a handful of pine nuts, and a handful of freshly grated parmesan cheese
*Save some parmesan cheese and pine nuts to garnish with at the end
- Add pepper to taste
- Pulse the blender a little bit to break down some of the basil leaves
- Add olive oil by small increments while blending until you get your desired peso consistency
- Once pesto is completed, pour onto pasta and stir
*I like to add cherry tomatoes for some color, too, but this is optional
- Add leftover parmesan cheese and a few pine nuts to the top
*Pesto is also a great spread for sandwiches or a nice base for homemade pizzas!
- Serve and ENJOY!