–> CLICK HERE TO WATCH<–
Good Quality Bread (we used a French Baguette)
Dried or Fresh Basil
- Cut baguette or other type of bread into slices
*Thicker slices will make crunchier bread
- In bowl, add equal parts butter and olive oil and mix into paste
- To the paste, add salt, garlic cloves, and basil leaves to taste
- Spread the paste onto the sliced bread and put on baking sheet
- Place baking sheet in oven on 350 degrees for about 5-10 minutes until golden brown
- Serve with salad, pasta, or just by itself and ENJOY!
–> CLICK HERE TO WATCH <–
- Slice the baguette and brie into even slices
- Melt butter in a pan on medium heat and toast both sides of each slice of bread
- Once bread is golden brown, add sliced brie to one side of each of your sandwiches
- Add a dollop of cranberry chutney on top of the cheese
- Place remaining bread slices on top of the sandwiches and press down
*To help melt the cheese, put hot side of bread facing the inside
- Let cheeses melt, remove from stove, and let cool
- CHOW DOWN
After Thanksgiving is over, the last thing you want to do once your in-laws leave is start figuring out what to cook for your family next. Sure, you probably have enough leftovers to feed a whole zoo, but if you’re anything like me you probably never want to think about– never mind eat turkey or stuffing again until next November.
If this is the case, grilled cheese sandwiches are the best alternative. They are almost completely effortless, always delicious, and in this recipe you can use up to three of your leftover ingredients from Thanksgiving: bread from the stuffing, cheese from the mac & cheese, and of course the cranberry sauce or chutney to add a little something extra.
No matter what variations of these you use, grilled cheese sandwiches will be a fantastic and delicious way to get creative with what you already have in your fridge. Not to mention they are great for on-the-go so you don’t have to waist any time getting to after-Thanksgiving shopping sales!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and long weekend!
Until next time
Kathryn & The NSH Team